Aims and objectives:
BATA will support and promote teaching, learning, scholarship and research in the fields of Arabic language teaching and culture (at school, degree and Institution Wide Language Programme (IWLP) levels), linguistics, translation and literature across the UK (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales). BATA will aim to achieve the following objectives:
- To develop a network of teachers and graduates, who specialise in Arabic Studies in the UK.
- To facilitate links between institutions both within the UK and abroad.
- To encourage partnerships between different UK institutions teaching Arabic at degree and IWLP.
- To provide practical support in the areas of materials/resources and networking for teachers.
- To cooperate with other institutions and organizations which have similar interests and goals.
- To promote understanding and communication between teachers involved in the teaching of Arabic, culture, literature and linguistics.
- To hold a bi-annual conference, with the goal of providing an outlet and discussion forum for the work and research of teachers of Arabic.
- To set up a website to promote the teaching and study of Arabic, culture, literature, linguistics and translation at all levels and across the UK (England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales).
- Where possible, to disseminate materials via this website about the teaching and learning of Arabic, linguistics, culture, literature and translation.