Aims and objectives:
BATA will support and promote teaching, learning, scholarship and research in the fields of Arabic language, culture, linguistics, and literature. BATA will aim to achieve the following objectives:
- To develop a network of teachers and graduates, who specialise in the teaching of Arabic in the UK.
- To facilitate links between institutions both within the UK and abroad.
- To encourage partnerships between different UK institutions.
- To provide practical support in the areas of materials/resources and networking for teachers.
- To cooperate with other institutions and organizations which have similar interests and goals.
- To promote understanding and communication between teachers involved in the teaching of Arabic, culture, literature and linguistics.
- To hold a bi-annual conference, with the goal of providing an outlet and discussion forum for the work and research of teachers of Arabic.
- To set up a website to promote the teaching and study of Arabic, culture, literature and linguistics at all levels.
- Where possible, to disseminate materials via this website about the teaching and learning of Arabic, linguistics, culture and literature.